Recording Lag

Nraged45

I am having video lag on my recordings, both in preview and the actual file. I recently got a Vanco capture card and I run 2 monitors. Before I got the capture card I would record using my pc only and the footage never lagged but it was super pixelated during fast action moments (i.e. turning around fast in fps games). Nothing I tried fixed that and now I'm here with this problem of recording lagging or freezing on one frame. I'm hoping someone can help me. Log below.

rockbottom

The log is incomplete but there's no rendering or encoding lag. Have you tried with Kaspersky disabled?

Looks like Nvidia NR is in play but the app is not installed.
On the recording tab, uncheck re-scale output.
Encoding settings, set Tuning to HQ & Multipass to Single Pass or qres.
Sample-rate mismatch on the capture card

Nraged45

Thanks for your reply. I updated to the Nvidia app and deleted steel series sonar as it was causing the sample rate issues. I did everything else except turning off Kaspersky and OBS runs better now. I'll post details below.

Log https://obsproject.com/logs/amUryw3da1tVj5ji

1714808280594.png

rockbottom

I'm not sure if that plugin works with correctly with the current version of OBS. I had to go back to the July 2023 release before I saw any mention of OBS.

Nraged45

I'm completely lost honestly. I'm ok without sonar. I paused Kapersky, what is wrong with the Logi plug in?

rockbottom

Maybe nothing, don't use it. I just don't update OBS until I've confirmed the plugins I use have been updated as well. Nothing in the Logi release notes in almost a year, except for fixing a crash with OBS.

How did it go with Kapersky paused, lag gone?

Nraged45

I had some lag in the preview window and in the actual recording. I'm also now having an issue where obs flickers and the preview window shows a black screen when I try to exit my game to do something on the second monitor while recording and it will not start showing the game again when I go back to playing. Here is my latest log. https://obsproject.com/logs/kg4w0GvzPYBvZ08t

Screenshot 2024-05-05 200017.png

rockbottom

Slight improvement but not enough to eliminate all of it. Do you have v-sync enabled? Might need to dial back the in game settings.

Your mic is loading up as a Global & Source input.
Sample-rate mis-match on the camera.
19:58:49.981: adding 320 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 362 milliseconds (source: Logitech Web Cam)

19:58:55.763: warning: Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly

For your next test make sure v-sync is enabled & create a new Profile with just (1) Scene & (1) source. Want to make sure the current Profile isn't bugged.